Quick Relaunch Guide for Families
Posted: September 3, 2020
As per the HFCRD School Relaunch Handbook, Good Shepherd School is employing multiple layers of protection and closely following the Government of Alberta guidelines. The following information is important for families to know:
- Unfortunately parents and guardians are not permitted to enter the school on the first day of school. Staff will be outside to guide students.
- In the morning, students will go directly into their classrooms upon arrival. Students should not arrive or be dropped off before 8:30.
- To help with congestion at the end of the day, we will be doing staggered parent pick up/dismissal. Students who are walking or getting picked up by a parent will be dismissed at the following times by last names:
- 3:15 A-D
- 3:20 E-J
- 3:25 K-P
- 3:30 R-Z
- We will be staggering our bus pickups
- We are asking families, staff, and visitors to conduct daily health checks prior to school entry. Strict stay-at-home and pick up procedures for anyone exhibiting signs of illness will be in place.
- Grade 4 to 12 students and all staff must wear masks while in shared areas of the school outside of the classroom where physical distancing may not be possible, and on school buses
- All entrances to the school will be locked throughout the day
- Parents/guardians are required to make arrangements with the Principal prior to entering the school. Please call the school office to make an appointment
- For students arriving late, call the office to ensure prompt access to the school
- All microwave ovens have been removed from schools and stored for future use
- Regular assemblies are suspended and will be conducted virtually
- Students are not to bring toys from home
- Water fountains are turned off, only water bottle filling stations are available, therefore we ask that students bring a water bottle daily
- Students are to only use their assigned entrance – staff will be outside guiding students to their correct doors
- Students are placed in cohorts of approximately 50 students (multiple classes). The students in the cohorts will use the same bathroom, same entrance, same area during recess, etc.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for students to use.
A printable PDF of this information is available here.