Kindergarten Open House April 11 5:00-7:00pm
Posted: March 18, 2022
Good Shepherd School is pleased to host an in-person Kindergarten Open House on Monday April 11th from 5:00-7:00pm! Parents and guardians are invited to tour our school, meet the teacher, get their questions answered, and register their child for the 2022/23 school year.
Parents and guardians who are not able to attend in person are invited to call the school to get their questions answered or to set up an individual time to meet with our Kindergarten teachers or school administration. Online registration is also available for all grades by visiting hfcrd.ab.ca/kindergarten!
We understand that choosing a school for your child is an important decision for every family. Our Kindergarten program offers students a foundation for success and well-prepares them for grade one.
In our Kindergarten program, we are pleased to offer:
- Five-day, full-day Kindergarten Programming
- Both French Immersion & English Classes
- No School Fees
- Early Supports for every child to help them in their areas of growth
- Regular Technology Access (SMART Boards, iPads)
- Visits to the School Library
- Daily Assemblies (currently paused due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Project PEACE in our school
- Physical Activity
- Reading Buddies
In our Early Intervention Pre-Kindergarten program, we are pleased to offer:
- Programming for four half-days per week
- Children ages 2 years 8 months to 4 years 8 months who have been assessed and diagnosed with a severe disability or a severe language delay are eligible for this program
- Exclusively for children with English as their second language, or have mild, moderate or severe developmental delays
- Flexible instruction will be offered based on each child’s individual needs and interests. Access to multidisciplinary support, such as Speech and Language Pathologist, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychologist, Hearing and Vision and Behaviour Management Consultation services will be available.
For more information about our Kindergarten Program, please visit the Kindergarten section of our website.
For a list of frequently asked questions about Kindergarten, please visit the Kindergarten section on the HFCRD website!
To be eligible for Kindergarten in September 2022, your child must be five years of age by December 31, 2022. For further information, please contact our school at (780) 624 – 3432.