What is our Kindergarten program all about? Watch and see, then register! https://forms.hfcrd.ab.ca/en/signin?school=Good%20Shepherd
Posted by Good Shepherd School on Monday, June 1, 2020
Good Shepherd is pleased to offer full-day 5-day kindergarten programming in both English and French Immersion. We also offer flexible programming for parents who want their children to attend less than 5 full days.
At Good Shepherd, our teachers show Jesus’ love every day, and we also share stories from the Bible. Students do not have to be Catholic to attend Good Shepherd School, but are expected to participate in our daily prayers.
To enroll in Kindergarten, students must reach the age of 5 by December 31 of the year they start school. Students with special needs who are eligible for Program Unit Funding may be admitted before their kindergarten year.
In our Kindergarten program, we are pleased to offer:
- Five-day, full-day Kindergarten Programming
- Both French Immersion & English Classes
- No School Fees
- Early Supports for every child to help them in their areas of growth
- Regular Technology Access (SMART Boards, iPads)
- Visits to the School Library
- Daily Assemblies
- Project PEACE in our school
- Physical Activity
- Reading Buddies
- To be eligible for Kindergarten in September 2020, your child must be five years of age by December 31, 2020
- HFCRD is also pleased to offer ECS Specialized Programming for children with disabilities or delays.
In our Early Intervention Pre-Kindergarten program, we are pleased to offer:
- Programming for four half-days per week
- Children ages 2 years 8 months to 4 years 8 months who have been assessed and diagnosed with a severe disability or a severe language delay are eligible for this program
- Exclusively for children with English as their second language, or have mild, moderate or severe developmental delays
- Flexible instruction will be offered based on each child’s individual needs and interests. Access to multidisciplinary support, such as Speech and Language Pathologist, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychologist, Hearing and Vision and Behaviour Management Consultation services will be available.
From Alberta Education:
Program Unit Funding (PUF)
Program Unit Funding, in addition to Base Instruction Funding, is available to approved ECS operators and school authorities for young children who are 2 years 8 months and less than 6 years of age by September 1, and who have been identified with a severe disability/delay. Children are eligible for up to 3 years of ECS funded programming, depending on age, severity of the disability/delay and its impact on the child’s ability to function within an ECS program. The Standards for the Provision of Early Childhood Special Education apply to children who meet the eligibility criteria for special education programming.
For more information on Alberta’s Early Childhood Services, click here.
If you have questions about Good Shepherd School, please do not hesitate to contact our school at 780-624-3432.